Lil Nas X wore not one but three outfits to the 2021 Met Gala 

Photo courtesy of Getty Images 

Many students at San Luis Obispo High School tuned into the Met Gala this year on September 13, held in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Although the event was much later in the year than past years, many can argue that the looks were just as extravagant.

Rapper Lil Nas X attended which made this his first time at the Met Gala. The rapper chose to wear a dramatic outfit, custom designed by Donatella Versace. This was the second time Lil Nas X wore Versace on the red carpet.

“I watch the Met Gala every year because I like to see how everyone interprets the theme differently. I love Lil Nas X’s looks this year. He took a different approach to the theme. It was awesome, he slayed,” said freshman Gracey May.

The theme this year was “In America: A lexicon of Fashion.” Many celebrities got inspiration from old Hollywood, the wild west, and football.

One outfit was not enough. Lil Nas X wore three. 

For the first outfit, Lil Nas X wore a large gold cape with a flowing train and intricate beading. Shortly after arriving, Lil Nas removed the cape. Underneath, a suit of shining gold armour. 

Just when we thought it would end, he removed the armour to reveal a skin-tight catsuit, covered in Versace crystals. 

The three-part look, according to Versace, is a  “LGBTQ+ American fairytale,” with the theme of the event being “In America: A lexicon of Fashion.” 

Although it was Lil Nas X’s first Met Gala, he didn’t disappoint. He rocked the carpet with his three extravagant, gender-bending looks. 

Sources: Vogue