Ready for Disney’s “WandaVision”? It is Here TONIGHT!

Photo courtesy of IGN.

After the outstanding success of Disney’s “Mandalorian” all eyes are looking to what is next from Disney+, Disney’s streaming platform. After an investors meeting, Disney provided the public with release dates for some of the highly anticipated shows, including “WandaVision”, which will drop the first episode tonight!

Expressions decided to take a dive into Disney’s plans for upcoming projects, and to ask students about their own anticipation . 

“Okay so I have a lot of thoughts on WandaVision. Number one, it feels very likely that this show will take place in a reality created by Wanda/Scarlet Witch to deal with her grief of losing not only Vision but also her brother Quicksilver. There have been rumors that Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Evan Peters will both be returning in the show to play Quicksilver. Furthermore, there is point in the trailer for the show which shows Vision have super speed like Wanda’s brother and adding to the theory that this show will take place in a reality that she created (Wanda giving Vision characteristics similar to Quicksilver).Number two, in a newer trailer we get to see a quick shot of Darcy Lewis. Lewis is Jane Foster’s intern from the first two Thor movies and is played by Kat Dennings. I have always longed for Darcy to play a larger role in the MCU and I am hopeful that this show will do just that,” said senior Emilia Gambucci. 

After such a blockbuster film like “Endgame” many are looking forward to the coming stories to see which direction the universe will go. “WandaVision” is the beginning of these new storylines.

Following a woman with otherworldly telekinetic powers and her love interest, an all power AI; the show is blending multiple different eras along with some strange reality-bending force to create a classic mystery for viewers to sink their teeth into.  It doesn’t stop there.

In March of 2021 Disney will release another Marvel storyline “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” which follows another thread from “Endgame”. It’s clear that in the coming months Disney+ is going to even further make clear that it can release amazing stories like “Mandalorian” to keep fans coming back for more.