“One Love”; The Movie About Bob Marley Ja“makin” it Out of the Trenches

One Love; The Movie About Bob Marley Ja“makin” it Out of the Trenches

The Bob Marley “One Love” came out recently, on Valentine’s Day, February 14, and everyone is saying it’s different than what they expected.

It follows the plot of Marley going on tour, while his hometown is facing hardships. Most people expected the movie to include his early life or childhood, however that wasn’t the case.

While he was on tour, his hometown in Jamaica was undergoing a civil war. There were heavy tensions regarding a battle between political parties, and Marley wasn’t able to be there and help, resulting in a move of his family from Jamaica to America.

“I really liked the movie, the songs were great, and I knew all of them. However, the plot was somewhat difficult to follow, and we didn’t get any of his childhood, besides flashbacks,” said junior Milo Nemetz.

Throughout the movie, we can see Marley’s conflict with his manager, who makes shady deals without his knowledge. Along with further plot elements, the movie is filled with action and drama. 

The movie was rated 4.3 out of five stars, and many people enjoyed it, but not everyone was happy with the authenticity of the cast. The movie was supposed to be about Marley, who is Jamaican, and most of the cast was not actually Jamaican.

“I thought the movie was great, but there was a lot of death and violence in the movie that I didn’t expect, but overall I still really liked it, and would recommend seeing it if you haven’t already,” said sophomore Athena Stereos.

Viewer discretion is probably advised, as the movie is PG-13, but if students are into Marley, this movie is definitely for you!

Source: onelovemovie.com