ASB 2020 Spirit Commissioners Send It!

San Luis Obispo High School ASB appointed spirit commissioners are juniors Ben Jackson and Addison Hubley. Spirit commissioner is a position in ASB that runs the rallies at SLOHS. One large difference about rallies this year, is that instead of them being held in the large gym, they are now taking place in the quad outside. The ‘big gym’ is under construction for Measure D. Expressions set out to interview the two spirit commissioners about how they are going to bring it this year.

Expressions: How do you feel about being a spirit commissioner for San Luis Obispo High School?

Junior Ben Jackson: First of all, the legacy is pretty lit. Past commissioners Eddie Meyer, Shane Russett, Nate Higgins, Rylie Truschke, Bailey Frost–all these people have a common goal of upping the school spirit through living it up to the fullest. Another thing, they are just hype people in general, that’s what we like. 

Junior Addison Hubley: When you ask me how I feel about being this year’s spirit commissioner, I must say it’s like it is spirit day everyday. I wake up spirit day, wake up the next day, spirit day again, so it’s lit!

Expressions: Do you get nervous before going in front of the school for a rally?

Jackson: I mean… Of course, some nerves get flowing, but I got my guy Addy here to hype me up.  We always pump out push-ups to get the blood going. Overall, we just get our adrenaline flowing and that overrides all the nerves.

Hubley: When you ask me if I get nervous before going in front of the school for a rally. … You gotta get yourself pumped up, but when you’re out there, it ain’t no thing.

Expressions: Will this year’s rallies be any different than that of previous years? 

Jackson: Well, already we’ve had our first rally outside.  This is a huge spin on events, and we really just feel connected to nature because we come in on the grass, we’re right by trees the whole time, we just feel that connection and we’re really loving it but we are really excited to get back in the brand new remodeled gym soon though.

Hubley: The rallies will be different in the way that “Star Wars 2” was different from “Star Wars 1”… Better!