These Songs are Perfect for your Summer Playlist!

A collage of songs. Collage courtesy of Cassiopeia Mamaradlo.

Summer music for San Luis Obispo High School students means blasting the aux with all windows down on the way to the beach! 

Here are six songs with seamless transitions to one another that SLOHS students should jam to during summer break.

C U Girl by Steve Lacy, the playlist starts with upbeat, iconic alternative, indie song by Steve Lacy about relationships, perfect for summer dates.

Peach by Kevin Abstract uniquely blends with the last song with its alternative, indie sound with a refreshing mix of hip-hop and pop. It’s reminiscent of BROCKHAMPTION’s Gen Z sound yet is refreshing.

AWKWARD FREESTYCKE by Eem Triplin, this rap song has its way of energizing anyone who listens to it. Eem Triplin has a unique flow and voice that just makes the song addicting. 

The Weekend (Funk Wav Remix) by SZA and Calvin Harris is a staple for new SZA listeners and summer playlist because of its upbeat yet relatable unrequited love theme. 

On My Mind (Jorja Smith X Preditah), is one of the foundations of UK Garage R&B and has made it’s way to American radios because of how lively and bright the song is. 

Westcoast Collective by Dominic Fike ends the playlist nicely because of Fike’s catchy indie sound and message that embodies the vibe of Gen Z teenagers.  

These songs are a great addition to existing summer playlist or on its own because of well they reflect the meaning and mood of summer days.