SLOHS Football Summer Training Starts Now; How are Athletes Feeling About It?

Last year’s football team during their summer training. Photo courtesy of the SLOHS athletics instagram.

Playing football is a big commitment, and one part of that commitment is summer training. With practice five days a week throughout almost the whole summer, summer training is no joke, but it is crucial to prepare SLOHS football athletes for a great season.

Today our SLOHS football players are thrown into the world of football for their first summer practice of the year.  They are looking to better their excellent 2023 season record of 7-4 overall, 5-1 in League.

“I’m excited for some of the private passing tourneys and lineman comps that are coming up in July I believe. It’s gonna conflict with the fair but it should be pretty fun, I’m excited to do that,” said Senior James Buttery.

Summer practice does not only consist of practice here at SLOHS, there are also occasional passing tournaments and lineman competitions to further work on our athletes skills.

“We got a strong group of guys who are ready to play and to make some big things happen and make a splash, I think we’re pretty good to go,” said Buttery.

For Seniors, this is their last year to play high school football.

“We’re mostly seniors and we all got a good gist of things. We’ve played a lot of these teams before and we have good coaches that have been implementing good strategies,” said Senior Owen Fawcett.

This year our team will have many seniors who are the strongest they’ve ever been before and have lots of experience so we are looking forward to a strong season.

“I can’t wait to do what I can to help the team and see where the team is gonna go in the future,” said Buttery.

As hard as football may be, we have an amazing team full of athletes raring to go and tackle their season. Go Tigers!