Good Bye Seniors: Where To Next?

Good Bye Seniors: Where To Next?

At San Luis Obispo High School, the third trimester of the school year is always a fun one. It means summer is almost near, the high school year is almost over, and students are moving up to new grades. However, the third trimester is usually the most fun for seniors, as it means graduation is near, and they can soon move onto the next thing in their lives.

“It’s a time where I can just enjoy my last few months in high school. I love third trimester because of track and lighter course work. I plan on attending Cal Poly SLO in the fall,” said senior Lily Svetich.

When people think of senior year, they think of all the things done as seniors get nearer to graduation: senior pranks, senior ditch day, the fifty-day dinner. Usually, however, the first two trimesters of the year are full of work, applying to colleges and for scholarships, and making sure grades stay up. The last trimester is always the most fun for seniors.

“This trimester is going to be pretty easy, so I’m excited for that. I am going to college in the fall, but I haven’t decided [what college] I’m going to yet,” said senior Joshua Oates.

As seniors get ready to live out the last trimester of their high school life, they also pass on advice to friends in lower grades and begin to say goodbye to those who’ve been closest to them in the past couple years.

“It’s going to get hard and some of it is going to suck– don’t believe the ‘High School Musical’ experience that people try to tell you will happen,” said senior Gabrielle Dilka. “But most importantly, don’t feel bad or ashamed if you don’t know what you want to do post-high school yet. You have your whole life to figure that out, and sometimes the way that doesn’t sound glamorous can often be the best bet for you”.