Paso Robles is Now Home to the Biggest Field of Light! Check it out

15 acres of beauty. Photo courtesy of SFGATE.

Students at San Luis Obispo High School may be familiar with the well known art installation in Paso Robles called the Field of Lights. 

This exhibit is located in Sensorio, Paso Robles. It is a field that has a multitude of colorful LED lights installed within it, created by artist Bruce Munro. 

“In year one, Sensorio yielded 145,000 visitors from 41 countries. Since its expansion Sensorio continues to draw thousands of visitors each month from across the country and the world,” said visit and former SLCUSD teacher Sean Raymond.

Recently, there has been an addition of 42,000 glowing orbs to this exhibit, meaning that the Field of Light now features 100,000 fiber-optic stemmed spheres. Guests who visit this exhibit can explore the display, enjoy warm beverages, and listen to live music.

“A few years ago I went right after sunset and it was beautiful. I definitely recommend it for people who like quiet walks, as long as you’re willing to potentially wait in line and are fine with having a few people around. Overall, it was super impressive and gorgeous to see,” said junior Kyle Platte.

If these 15 acres of lights fascinate you, you can visit the Field of Lights during the current holiday hours, which run through December 31. These holiday hours are Thursday and Sunday from 5-9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 5-9:30 p.m.

Tickets are 43 dollars and can be purchased in advance at sensoriopaso.com.

Sources: sfgate.com , sanluisobispo.com , sensoriopaso.com