Give Recording Artist Brent Faiyaz’s New Album, “Larger Than Life” a Listen

Students should listen to “Larger Than Life” by artist Brent Faiyaz. Photo courtesy of junior Addi Woods. 

Many students at San Luis Obispo High School love new music releases, but new music with high expectations can sometimes be disappointing. R&B artist Brent Faiyaz dropped a surprise release on October 27, and it did not disappoint. 

According to Genius, “Brent announced the album through social media after posting the official trailer just hours prior to its release, resulting in a mysterious surprise release theme for the album.”   

“I listened to the full album as soon as it came out and I haven’t been able to stop listening since then,” said junior Sofia Waggoner. 

“Larger Than Life” is Faiyaz’s third full-length studio album and first mixtape. The album has features from a multitude of artists including A$AP Rocky, Coco Jones, Babyface Ray, Missy Elliott, and much more. 

“The A$AP Rocky feature on ‘Outside All Night’ is one of my favorite parts on the album. A$AP and Faiyaz are two of my favorite artists at the moment so their collaboration is like a dream come true,” said senior Finley Mallon. 

The album was preceded by two singles, “Moment of Your Life,” released on August 23, 2023, featuring Coco Jones, and “WY@,” released on September 19, 2023.

The album has a total of 14 songs that feature elements of storytelling, which is similar to his previous albums. Although, this album has a more upbeat tempo compared to his previous albums. 

“Larger Than Life” is just 36 minutes and twenty seconds long, and it is definitely worth a listen.