Watch “Hot Summer Nights”with Timothee Chalamet Now

In 2017, the film “Call Me By Your Name”, starring breakout actor Timothee Chalamet, earned popularity among teenagers overnight. It showed a love story between a teenage boy and older man in northern Italy in mid 1980s. This year, a new movie with the young actor comes to local theatres. For San Luis Obispo High School students, Expressions researched about this movie and shows what we can expect.

“Hot Summer Nights” tells a story about a shy out-of-towner teenage boy Daniel (Timothee Chalamet), who starts dealing drugs during summer break and falls in love with his dealer’s sister. The movie takes place in Cape Cod, during the particularly scorching summer of 1991. Daniel has been sent by his recently widowed mom to spend the holiday break with his aunt on the Cape. It doesn’t take long until Daniel meets small-time drug dealer Hunter Strawberry (Alex Roe), who sells dime-bags to the vacationing tourists. Both started a business partnership together.

“I’m excited for the story. I hope it is not a cliche movie and that we can see some amazing performances of Timothee Chalamet,” said SLOHS graduate Theresa Wucher.

Director Elijah Bynum started shooting the movie on March 26, 2015. Imperative Entertainment would finance and produce the film.The trailer, with it’s bright neon colors and retro effects, already makes the movie look inviting and makes the audience interested in the film. However, the movie is rated R, and can only be watched by 17+.

“I saw Timothee Chalamet the first time in the movie ‘Lady Bird.’ He is an amazing actor and can change his personality for every character. ‘Hot Summer Nights’ is going to be interesting, just to see a new side of him,” said senior Theresa Hagelberg.

The movie premieres in theatres nationwide tomorrow, July 27th. If you don’t already have plans, stop by at a local theatre, grab popcorn and enjoy one-hundred-twenty minutes with Timothee Chalamet and co.