Have You Seen This White Couch on the corner yet?

First spotted on May 12 at around 4:45 AM, a white couch has been lingering on the sidewalk at the corner of Los Osos Valley Road and Prefumo Canyon Road near Laguna Middle School. At first glance, it seemed like any normal discarded couch—cushions on, a little worn but whatever.

“It was WEIRD,” said junior Eli Schweitzer.

Fast forward to May 13: police cruisers surround the innocent couch. Why? No one really knows. However, if you were there in the early morning hours to question this sighting, you may have noticed that it was because two men had decided to use the free-for-all couch as a bed the previous night. 

According to a neighbor in the Laguna and Irish Hills neighborhood on the social site Nextdoor, San Luis Obispo Police Department was called on at least one man for sleeping on the couch. 

One man had taken the cushions off and laid them down on the ground as a makeshift bed, and the other appeared to be laying on the cushionless couch itself.

Since the incident, it appears no one has called to have the couch removed, though apparently SLOPD did confiscate the cushions to prevent further vagrant sleepers.

Another Nextdoor user reported seeing a truck further up the road with a chair in the back that seems to match the couch. Will the two lonely furnishings be reunited? Only time will tell.

The couch now sits with its inner metal bars protruding from the seat.