Drama Club Preparing For Final Productions

As San Luis Obispo High School students look ahead to their third trimester, they can be comforted in knowing that their renowned Drama Club still has two more productions in store for the year. First is “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”, which will open in March. “Putnam County” (as it is more commonly referred) is a comedy chronicling six unique spellers, each on the brink of adolescence and competing for a trophy while simultaneously grappling with the realities of growing up.

“The cast is a total of fourteen people, but they won’t be the only ones on stage… All I’ll say is that this show is very interactive,” said student director and senior Stephen ZagRodny.

Having put on four other installments this year, Drama Club has already compiled a solid list of successful shows, beginning with their first ever “24 Hour Musical” back in September. Looking beyond Putnam County, the club’s final production will be “Bye Bye Birdie”.

“Conrad Birdie, who is basically equivalent to Elvis, gets drafted into the war and as part of the goodbye festivities Birdie will go on “The Ed Sullivan Show” and have one last kiss and song with a high school girl,” said senior and actor Dasha Novotny.

After a series of fun and enthusiastic performances, SLOHS students are looking forward to these final Drama Club productions of the year.