Top 5 Songs for Summer 2018

During summer, many San Luis Obispo High School Students spend their time hanging around the beach, taking road trips up and down the coast, enjoying great weather, or just spending time with friends and eating excellent food. Only one thing is missing: a few summer hits that can be rocked out to in every summer-situation. Here are five songs from five different genres that Expressions picked out for students at San Luis Obispo High School that perfectly suit warm weather, beach parties, and beautiful night skies:

1. “garette’s REVENGE” by XXXTENTACION

“The new album of XXXTENTACION is great! It really shows another side to him. It reveals his soft and caring characteristics,” said 2018 SLOHS graduate Macarthy McConnell.

2“Sweet” – Cigarettes After Sex

“Cigarettes After Sex is definitely my go to band in the summer! They have such good music and its perfect for laying on the beach and watching the sunset,” said 2018 SLOHS graduate Theresa Wucher.

3. “Young Dumb and Broke” – Khalid

“Khalid is a great artist. I really like his music. I always listen to his music when I want to chill-out,” said Junior David Baer.

4. “Palmen aus Plastik” – Bonez MC, RAF Camora

“I love German rap. It sounds so cool, even though I don’t understand anything” said 2018 SLOHS graduate Will Anderson.

5. “Avada Kadabra” – Belik Boom

“I like electronic music. I often go to festivals in the summer and when they play that kind of music, the crowd always goes wild,” said 2018 SLOHS graduate Caroline Wesslund.