Girls Golf is Going for the Gold

Girls’ Golf is in full swing at San Luis Obispo High School (SLOHS)!  The varsity team consists of their top eight players.  The team has already played a total of four matches and won all four of those matches, starting the season off at the top.  The SLOHS Girls’ Golf Team over the years have felt overlooked, leaving people out of the loop on how incredibly well their team is doing.

The team is built on a strong foundation of teamwork, dedication, and drive.  This leads the team to think they have a good chance of bringing home the League title again this year, just as they were able to do last year.

“We can’t get too far ahead of ourselves, every match is different, but we are hoping to stay on top,” said senior co-captain Lisa Figueroa.  Although they lost two talented seniors from last year and their top senior player from this year due to personal reasons, the girls are taking it as more of a challenge and are still determined to stay on top.

“We are practicing really hard right now to beat our biggest competitors, Arroyo Grande and Righetti,” said senior co-captain Bee Soll.  The team practices at Dairy Creek Golf Course for over two hours a day, five days a week.  The team has no doubt they will be able to beat them, and they are just hoping for good matches.

If you are interested in going out to support, you are invited to come watch.  Their first League game is on Tuesday, September 15 at Dairy Creek Golf Course against rival Righetti High School.