Affordable World Travel Destinations

Affordable World Travel Destinations

During the summer or even after high school, international travel is a desirable way to pass time. Even as a broke student, there are ways to travel the world and gain the irreplaceable experience of seeing the world on a low budget. Here are five of the top affordable travel destinations for young adventure seekers.

1. Milan, Italy

Northern Italy is best for big city culture and natural beauty. For a unique, authentic Italian experience, try staying in a local neighborhood rather than a pricey chain hotel. Instead of shopping, stroll the easy-to-navigate streets of Milan’s historic city center and visit the Duomo, one of Italy’s most spectacular churches.

1. Bali, Indonesia

Bali is best for dreamy beaches and tropical romance, and hotel prices on the Island of the Gods—the most popular tourist destinations in Indonesia—are down 12 percent, according to the Hotel Price Index. Whether you plant yourself on a beach or in the heart of Ubud, be ready to be soothed into a state of perfect relaxation by the natural beauty and unique music and cultural traditions of this perfect island.

1. Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul was named the world’s No. 1 travel destination by TripAdvisor, but paradoxically, hotel prices are falling because of unrest in other parts of the Middle East, according to the Hotel Price Index. Don’t miss the Hagia Sophia, a cathedral-turned-mosque that’s now a UNESCO World Heritage site; the iconic minarets of the Blue Mosque; and gorgeous Greek and Roman ruins.

1. Cambodia

Come to Cambodia for exotic spiritual site like nowhere else. Angkor Wat, in northern Cambodia, is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the largest religious monument in the world, covering nearly 500,000 acres. Cambodia is also home to some of the most beautiful white sand beaches and delicious food in the world.

1. Egypt

After its years of unrest, tourism in the historic Egypt fell to record lows, and so did hotel prices. The country is poised for an uptick in visitors this year, and you can be a part of the recovery by taking advantage of rock-bottom hotel rates, bargains at bazaars, and short lines for legendary antiquities—as long as you take safety precautions.
Source: www.budgettravel.com