Summer Varsity Training

This summer may be a time for fun; hanging out with friends, going to the beach, or just sleeping in; but for some, it’s training time. Students who were on a Junior Varsity sport last year and incoming freshmen are now working harder than ever to make the Varsity team this upcoming school year.

“You get more experience in Varsity and you get to play people that may be better than you.  If you’re the best on JV then it’s kind of hard to get better,” said sophomore and tennis player Chloe Wise.

Those who were on Varsity this past year are training to keep up with the pressure of competing at the Varsity level. “Varsity gets to do more, so everyone wants to make that team,” said junior and Varsity cheerleader Jennifer Dotzler.

Training for these competitive athletes will consist of both individual and summer team practices this summer. “We mostly train as a team.  It’s easier to be pulled along and pull along others than push yourself,” said junior and Cross Country athlete David Bloom.

For those who are hoping to make the Varsity team in a sport this coming school year, remember to work hard, stay healthy, have fun, and don’t give up hope. “Just work hard, but don’t be super stressed about it,” said Bloom. Reaching the Varsity level may seem like an impossible goal, but with a little dedication and a whole lot of hard work, it is definitely achievable.