Tis’ The Season For Favorite Holiday Song suggestions

Photo Courtesy of sophomore Quinn Williams

As the holiday season is finally Zoom free, San Luis Obispo High School students and staff will be getting ready to celebrate.

The excitement of the holiday season is listening to festive music. One of the top holiday songs is “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey. It has had 3,200,000 digital downloads. In close second is “ Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee.

Here are some more favorite songs that really get SLOHS students in the holiday spirit.

“ I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas” by Gayla Peevey “When I was eight that was my favorite song and I sang it 24/7, so on Christmas morning when I ran out to the tree, there was a pink hippo lawn chair with my name on it,” said freshman Alyssa Moore. 

“Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee “ I like this song because it’s from my favorite movie Home Alone,” said freshman Thomas Alvarez.

“All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey “It’s my favorite song because it just screams Christmas joy,” said freshman Gabriel Limon. 

“Here Comes Santa Claus” by Gene Autry I like it because it is super catchy,” said freshman Samantha Ponce.

“Under the Tree” by Kelley Clarkson “It’s my favorite song because we play Christmas music at work and that is my favorite song we play,” said senior Abigail Knecht.

“Santa Baby” by Eartha Kitt “I like this song because my mom has played it since I was young everytime we decorate the tree,” said senior Lauren Horsley. 

“It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Bublé “I really like this song because I remember growing up listening to this tune,” said freshman Nathaniel Kraker. 

“Jingle Bells” by Frank Sinatra  “ I like this song because whenever it was played, people are usually in a good mood for Christmas,” said freshman Marco Peterson.

“Run Rudolph Run” by Chuck Berry  “This is such a fun song and everyone loves it and it isn’t one of those cheesy holiday songs,” said freshman Mox Burnham. 

Make this list your new Spotify playlist and enjoy the next two weeks away from school.