SLOHS Yearbook Needs Your Help

One of the long-lasting traditions of San Luis Obispo High School, as well as any high school, is the yearbook.

But this year, the yearbook staff faces unique circumstances amidst a pandemic. With staff unable to walk around campus to take pictures, they need to rely on student-submitted stories and photos. Yearbook teacher Jason Heimerdinger is eagerly working to connect with students and their quarantine stories.

This year, the yearbook is aiming to show SLOHS Tigers’ experiences in distance learning, but the staff is also trying not to focus completely on COVID-19.

“This is an unprecedented year in modern education and we are trying to tell a story about the students and staff who tackled these challenges and the result of the effort,” said Heimerdinger. “This book will be a historical document of how a very traditional highschool transformed and rallied during a global event.”

With everyone spread apart in their own homes instead of all being at school, the yearbook staff is now relying on student submissions of pictures and stories. With many spreads currently in the works, the staff is eager for new content.

“We need the Tiger population to capture every moment of this year and then send us their own stories. We want to see the unique ways students have adapted to our new normal,” said Heimerdinger. 

This year, the yearbook has an Instagram page to condense all of the information about what they need. The username is @slohsyb, and has a link in their biography for where students can send their submissions. 

“When you see requests on TNN or Instagram or if you have an opportunity to fill out a survey DO IT!” said Heimerdinger.

Yearbook needs your voice to tell our high school’s story, so submit your images and quotes using the link on the yearbook’s Instagram today!