Christmas 2019, What are SLOHS Students Asking for This Year?

Christmas is just around the corner, and the students of San Luis Obispo High School are more than ready to be on winter break. Many students are traveling for the break while some are staying in town, but there is much diversity in what students are asking for this year.

“I asked [Santa of course] for a pass to the Pad and some climbing shoes and maybe some Patagonia,” said junior Kaylor Jones.

Some students are asking for things this year that they really need on a daily basis.

“I’m asking for a new iPhone because I have the iPhone 7 and Apple decides to drain the IPhones the batteries of the iPhones that are a little bit older so mine runs out of charge in about two hours,” said senior Lauren Ramirez.

Other wishlists include items that will help students show their creative side.

“I want a Canon AE-1 35mm camera because I want to take film pictures, and I like the way vintage cameras and film look,” said sophomore Rozy Jones. “And a boyfriend.”

Other students are looking for more ways to express themselves in their gifts this year. 

“This year I’m asking for some more art supplies (I’m always running out), puzzles because I am essentially a grandma, some specifically cruelty-free makeup, and maybe a membership to the Pad,” said junior Penny DellaPelle.

Many other students are asking for things like clothes or some new Airpods, but one student’s wishlist stood out from the rest.

“I want a fire truck, and a Polly Pocket mansion and a big old tricycle,” said a junior, who prefers to remain anonymous.

It doesn’t really matter what you’re asking for though, because Christmas is about giving and being with the people that you love… Even though that’s how no one ever treats it. Happy Holidays!