Who are the New Improvers?

Do you like to laugh? Well too bad because the San Luis Obispo High School Improv Team hasn’t had the chance to hold one of their iconic lunchtime shows this year due to logistical issues. 

However, this team is fired up and ready for action.  Improv is a group of students that perform improvisational acting on campus.  The Improv adviser is English Teacher Nicole Eden, and the team features many new faces who will bring their own spicy flavors to the shows. 

“I’m really excited to be on the team, but I also feel extremely nervous to go up on stage, and I feel hungry,” said senior Jahan Ramezani. 

There are mixed feelings from the new members about going up on stage. 

Stage fright is a natural human fear, but for some, the thrill of performance and humor is well worth it. 

“I’m very excited to present my new improv skills that I’ve learned to the school,” said senior Wyatt Dodd. 

All of improv, even the returning members, have been working very hard since the beginning of the year to hone their improvisational skills. 

Over the course of the past few months the new team members have been discovering what elements they bring to the team as individuals. 

“Being the only sophomore, I think I bring a sense of youth to the team,”  said sophomore Rozy Jones. 

Although the team hasn’t held a show yet, SLOHS is very excited for this year’s improv team.