The Pain of Procrastinating on a License in High School

At San Luis Obispo High School, more kids are getting their license earlier throughout the years. Junior year is the year that most students get their license and start driving to school on their own. For some, it could be more tough because others can still be 15 years old as a junior. 

Getting your license at 16 can benefit you in a lot of ways, such as not having your parent drive. This could be less stressful on their part. Getting your license as a junior could make your whole year better because now with a car, you can achieve more goals and be more productive now that you’re mobile. 

There are a lot of ups and downs when getting your license. There’s that uplifting feeling of finally getting to feel free to go out more. Then the not-so-beautiful side of having your license is a reality, such as paying for your own gas and waiting for the actual time it takes to have passengers in your vehicle which no one actually follows.

“Getting my license was definitely an upgrade to my life. It’s pretty convenient if I want to get food or just to be at a certain place in no time. Driving is fun at first, but then it turns into a priority, which can be annoying – I’m not complaining though,” said junior Lilah May. 

Anyone that is a junior in highschool should get their license rather than procrastinate and wait like I did.