Are You Excited For Sophomore Year?

Are you Excited for Sophomore Year?

Freshmen at San Luis Obispo High School were more than happy to get out of the bottom of the food chain that is high school. Sophomore year brings new and exciting things, such as, being able to go off campus for lunch and being able to drive. Expressions sat down with three soon to be sophomores and asked them how they felt about the upcoming year.  

Expressions: Are you excited for sophomore year?

Sophomore Ryan Shisler: Yes, I’m really excited for sophomore year. I feel like this school doesn’t really respect freshmen as much, but that’s kind of the dynamic for all high schools.

Sophomore Miley Rosecrans: I’m excited for sophomore year, but I’m not excited for the harder curriculum. I think it should be fun and bring a lot more freedom and opportunities.

Sophomore Fiona Stevens: I’m really excited to not be a freshman anymore because I feel like freshman are really low on the food chain. I’m so excited to not be at the bottom any more.

Expressions: How do you think sophomore year will be different from freshman year?

Shisler: Obviously, we will be able to go off campus which is a pretty big privilege. I feel like as my freshman year went on, I got tired of having the same thing everyday with staying on campus.

Rosecrans: Going off campus is a big thing, and also I think I’ll be more mature next year. I think I’ll know more about SLOHS and the high school experience.

Stevens: Definitely being able to go off campus, and everybody getting their driver’s licence will be different from freshman year.

Expressions: Do you think sophomore year will be harder or easier?

Shisler: I feel like there is definitely some aspects that will be easier. I have the groove of things now, and know the dynamic of the campus, but the curriculum will challenge me a little bit more than I’m used to.  

Rosecrans: I think the curriculum and the classes will be a lot harder. Knowing the dynamic of the campus will make it easier.

Stevens: I think the courses are going to be more difficult and the classes are going to be more accelerated. But I’m looking forward to having more freedom and getting the groove of everything.

Expressions: Do you think people will treat you differently?

Shisler: Yes, I feel like sophomores get a lot more respect than freshman do but that’s how it rolls.

Rosecrans: Yes because we’ll be older and not at the bottom of the food chain.

Stevens: I think people will feel the same the same about us. I feel like we will all respect each other more in our circles of friends.

Expressions: What is one thing you are looking forward to next year?

Shisler: Getting my license, for sure.

Rosecrans: Going into sophomore year, I’m looking forward to winter break, thanksgiving break, spring break and summer break.  

Stevens: Taking different electives next year.