Why Don’t We

Why Don’t We is an American pop band that many San Luis Obispo High School students listen to. The five members of the band include Daniel Seavey, Jack Avery, Corbyn Besson, Zach Herron, and Jonah Marais. They have worked very hard to get new music out to their fans.

“When you see the numbers go up on social media, it’s great, but it’s just some pixels on your screen,” said Besson when interviewed after their concert in San Jose. “When you go on tour, you realize these are real people. We get to put a face, a voice, and a name to each fan. It’s so cool to experience that energy. We just want to have a great time with everybody.”

They have reached a lot of popularity due to a collaboration with YouTuber Logan Paul, who has directed most of their projects, and from musician Macklemore, in their music video, “I Don’t Belong In This Club”.

People have said that the band received their fame from Paul which is somewhat true but they have gained all their following from their talent and hard work over the years.

“Their songs are amazing and they’re lyrics give you good vibes. ‘Don’t Change’ gives you that vibe like don’t change who you are. Just to see you smile cause it just makes me want to smile. I just love the vibes the songs give you.  When you’re listening to songs you’re owning it,” said freshman Angelica Gonzalez-Espinoza.

From getting over three hundred million YouTube views and two hundred million Spotify streams to releasing five EPs— ”Only The Beginning”, “Something Different”, “Why Don’t We Just”, “Invitation”, and “A Why Don’t We Christmas”, this band is working hard

Along with singles such as the 2018 Ed Sheeran written single “Trust Fund Baby,”  the band also performed during a momentous stop at Madison Square Garden, sharing the stage with the likes of musicians Taylor Swift, Sheeran, Shawn Mendes and more.

They sold out their first-ever headline tour throughout North America and followed that up by selling out an even bigger headliner in 2018, including multiple nights in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Toronto.

As these boys say, “It’s only the beginning”.