The 24 Hour Musical is Here

For the second time, San Luis Obispo High School is putting on the “24 Hour Musical” through the theatre department. The musical lets students perform under pressure due to minimal practice time. This year’s “24 Hour Musical” can be viewed on Saturday, September 22.

The “24 Hour Musical” starts with a list of ten possible plays two weeks before the show. Each day, one play is crossed off. Participants receive the script to the last play remaining on Friday, September 21.

“The next day we will come back in the morning, rehearse, build sets and props, find costumes, and finish up all the choreography,” said SLOHS theatre teacher Kate Stephens.

That night, the participants perform their musical.

Students can sign up during lunch or after school on Wednesday, September 19 or Thursday, September 20. Sign ups will be located outside the theatre.

Last year, students enjoyed participating and watching the event.

“It was a great way to start the year and I got to meet a lot of new people in the drama department,” said sophomore Jayda Monreal, who participated in the “24 Hour Musical” last year.

The “24 Hour Musical” not only provides entertainment for students, but it helps the theatre department.

“The musical usually helps with publicity for the theatre, and it’s also a great way to get to know your fellow actors,” said senior Kaylee Beardsley.

While theatre isn’t for everyone, this annual event is bound to be a lot of fun for those who enjoy musicals. For more information, Contact Stephens in room 128.