Logic in a Changing World

The new Logic music video for the song entitled “1-800-273-8255” was published on August 17 and has already received over twenty eight million views.

The video portrays the struggle of an African American, gay teenage boy trying to find himself. His father finds his son’s gay magazine and is angry and disappointed. The father of his boyfriend catches them together, and he too is upset. The situation makes the boy depressed and he contemplates suicide. However, an empathetic teacher steps in, counseling his father and also giving the boy support and comfort. Scenes of his future are shown, where he’s married, has a child, and his entire family is now supporting him.

This new video has received mixed views, some positive and others negative. For example one online commenter stated, “We should focus on Life and the Lord Jesus Christ not on death, and ending our lives.” Another person commented “no offense but this sucks.”

The vast majority of viewer comments were more positive.

“Haters will be haters. I loved this video. It was sweet and it raised many taboo topics such as interracial relationships and homosexuality. It shows that there are many people out there who understand and will support you, and it gives you hope.” said freshman Fiorella Echano.

Like it or not, the release of this video has captured the attention of viewers across the globe and has raised awareness of the challenges of being gay in today’s world.

Watch the video here.

View Comments (1)