New Year, New Trends

New Year, New Style

Each year, there are new trends that sweep across the San Luis Obispo High School campus. Last year, trends such as cornrows, jean clothing, chokers, and mesh shirts were popular among students. SLOHS students Brooke Wright and Nate Higgins are two students that are notorious for their unique fashion sense.

“When I’m deciding what I want to wear to school, I usually pick out one thing I really want to wear and try to find other things that go well with it.” said senior Nate Higgins. Higgins style has been described by other students as “bold” and “out there.” Higgins is pictured above wearing an all red outfit, including red socks and a hat for the school’s patriotic theme day.

“I like to shop at Goodwill. They always have lots of cool stuff that nobody else has, and it’s super cheap, so if the clothes you buy don’t fit you can always sell it to somebody else.” said senior Brooke Wright. Wright has recently started selling clothes that she buys at goodwill online.

“I use the clothes to wear, but some of the jackets look really cool hanging up, so I use some of them for decorations in my room.” Wright has a hanging rack of vintage jackets in her room for decoration. Her style is unique, and she is always a step ahead of the latest trends at SLOHS.

The fashion trends at SLOHS change from year to year, and it’s hard to know what will be in style this year. If you are feeling lost in the ever changing trends, just take a look at what students such as Wright and Higgins are wearing.