Embarrassing Moments Only Seniors Remember

Each student at San Luis Obispo High School has their own unique story of their high school experience. Expressions interviewed four SLOHS seniors that have lingering memories of an embarrassing moment that happened to them their freshman year at school that they will never forget.

Expressions: What was an embarrassing moment you remember from your freshman year at SLOHS?

Senior Spencer Egbert: Freshman year for swim all the freshmen boys had to get their head shaved by another teammate. I remember all the guys getting crazy designs. Phillip Whitney shaved my head, but it was all patchy and weird. That was on Friday, so on Monday we were supposed to keep our hair however it was shaved when we went to school, but instead everyone else just shaved their entire head like a buzz cut and I was the only one that kept mine. It was really embarrassing.

Senior Delaney Romo: Freshman year I was one of the only freshman on that varsity cheerleading team, and during our homecoming football game we were all tumbling on the mats right in front of the whole SLOHS stadium and everyone was watching the cheerleaders. So when it was my turn to tumble I went, but completely ate it and fell on my face. Everyone definitely saw me.

Senior Brianna Harris: Freshman year, in the morning, I was walking to my class up the red stairs at 7:57 a.m. so a bunch of other people were also running to their classes, and as I was walking I fell up the stairs. Everyone saw me too. To this day I avoid the red stairs in all possible situations, I would rather go the long way around the school because I am so embarrassed of what happened.

Senior Audrey Ross: Freshman year I was in the school musical “Legally Blonde”. During the play, the cast had to run around the back of the stage and we all didn’t see a wire that was on the ground, so we all tripped over it in a domino effect. Everyone in the audience thought it was part of the play but it really wasn’t. After that we all had bruises on our legs and knees. Someone even started bleeding.