Taking A Look At The Fashion Trends Of 2016

2016 has provided some interesting trends, from chokers coming back into style to jeans being ripped at the butt. Looking back at the year, we see some of the best and worst things that came into style in 2016.

A staple at San Luis Obispo High School this year was the infamous “mom jeans” look. These baggy style, high waisted pants took over SLOHS. Going along with the theme of denim, frayed hems were a big hit in 2016. This trend ultimately was catapulted due to its easy DIY appeal.

A trend that we were all made aware of this year was chokers. From small and dainty to animal collar-esque, this jewelry option was seen everywhere. The popularity of chokers has multiplied exponentially due to celebrities partaking in this fashion statement.

Along with chokers, the 1990s/early 2000s trend of denim everything has once again gained support. We all can recall the most defining moment of fashion when Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears rocked the full denim suit and dress, this iconic fashion moment seemed to be inspiration for many this year.

The most over-publicized trend of the year was anything and everything Calvin Klein. These products main purpose seemed to be only for taking pictures and having a clever caption on Instagram.

The final and extremely dominating trend of 2016 was slip dresses and shirts. These comfy, silk pieces were everywhere this year.

Hopefully the trends of 2016 will not be looked back on as the downfall of fashion, as Ashley Tisdale’s early 2000’s outfits were. 2016 trends are full of body positivity movements, acceptance, and most of all allowing people to express themselves through their clothing.