Interview: 2016-2017 Sophomore Class Officers

Expressions had the opportunity to interview the sophomore officers for the 2016-2017 school year. The officers talked about their plans and goals for the next school year. The officers hope to make San Luis Obispo High School campus a better place.

Expressions: How do you feel about being an officer next year?

Sophomore Kavi Freyaldenhoven: I am really excited to be an officer next year and can’t wait to help strengthen the student body.

Sophomore Prachi Shinglot:  I’m really excited to be an officer next year. I think it’s going to be fun working with Mark and Kavi.

Sophomore Mark Erbstoesser: I love working with the school so I am very happy that I get to be in ASB [Associated Student Body].

Expressions: What is your position and what are your responsibilities?

Freyaldenhoven: I am a sophomore class officer and we plan winter formal.

Shinglot: They haven’t told us specific positions yet but I’m assuming they will later. Our responsibilities include putting on winter formal and manning the sophomore class float, along with various other things.

Erbstoesser: I am a sophomore class officer and my job is to work on the homecoming floats. I will also plan winter formal.

Expressions: What do you hope to accomplish as an officer?

Freyaldenhoven: I hope to make the campus a more enjoyable place for all the students.

Shinglot: I hope that we will encourage our grade to have more spirit and school participation by the time next year is over.

Erbstoesser: I hope to put on a rad winter formal and to make cool floats.

Expressions:  What is something that is going to be hard to accomplish versus something that will be easier to accomplish?

Freyaldenhoven: I think that putting on winter formal will be time consuming but with the help of Mark and Prachi I feel like we can do it.

Shinglot:  I’d like to think that nothing will be too hard too accomplish but we’ll see how it goes once the year starts.

Erbstoesser: Putting on winter formal will be fairly difficult since we have high standards. Something easy to accomplish is helping out in the poster room.