Concerts In The Plaza 2016

Several San Luis Obispo High School students find themselves in a rut when it comes to occupying themselves over the summer in such a small town while on a budget. Although we are in the ideal hub for traveling to music festivals such as Outside Lands and FYF Fest, those music festivals quickly get pricey for the average high school student. Luckily, the local music business in SLO is constantly on the rise, as evident with this year’s 21st annual “Concerts in the Plaza” taking place on every Friday which began on June 10 and ends on September 9. The event is free, for all ages, and is conveniently located at the Mission Plaza downtown.

“They’re a great event in our community because they’re fun and free,” said sophomore Liliana Marie Turner.

After whittling 70 applications down, 14 bands were finally chosen to play at the event. The lineup this year ranges from “The Young Dubliners” (June 10), “Cuesta Ridge” (July 15), to “Captain Nasty” (September 2). The sets arranged are eclectic in music style and you can be sure to find something that fits your interests to groove out to or to simply have fun with on a Friday summer night.

Click here for the full lineup of bands and performers.