SLOHS Students and Staff are Reading Great Books this Summer!

The SLOHS library has many books to offer during the school year, but is beginning to close up for the summer. Photo courtesy of junior Charly Elston.

Summer is a time for people to sit back, relax, and curl up with a good book and San Luis Obispo High School’s community is no exception.

“I think this summer, [I will be] going back to like old fantasy books that I read, I just want to reread everything,” said junior Mila Shih.

The school year is often so busy, making it difficult for students to slow down and read a book. With English classes taking up most of the reading time allotted to students, summer provides a unique opportunity to stop all the chaos of life and escape with a good book.

“I just think [summer] is such a wonderful opportunity to get off your screen and to explore something that interests you,” said SLOHS librarian Nikole Dowler.

Summer reading can be from any genre, rather than the typical school-assigned books. From fantasy to realistic fiction, there are many books to choose from. The local SLO library is open-year round, with a dazzling array of books to appeal to all types of readers.

Enjoy summer reading, Tigers!