SLOHS Scores big! Get the Latest Sports Update Now!

Our wonderful Girl’s Basketball team works hard! Photo courtesy of SLOHS Girls Basketball. 

Our winter sports athletes have been working hard over the offseason, and it has been paying off in their games. All of our Tiger athletes have been locked in, and it’s showing.

Boys and Girls Basketball

Boys Basketball is still doing great with a win-loss ratio of 12-11. They are 2-1 in Mountain League with the most recent game being against Santa Ynez. They won 61-57. Their next game is against Arroyo Grande, the last game we played against them we lost so this is going to be a big game to see if we can claim our title back. It is a home game on the 26th and starts at 6:30. – senior Olin Fow

The Girl’s Basketball team has been doing very well with a record of 10-11. Their most recent game was against Santa Maria, which they won 47-34. Their next game is on Tuesday, January 30. – freshman Eric Ozuma Basilo

Boys and Girls Soccer

The Boy’s Soccer team has been popping off! With an overall record of 11-3 and a league record of 4-1, they have been cooking. They won a game earlier last week on Tuesday, winning against AG 3-0. They are ranked first in the Mountain League, and their next game is on Tuesday, January 30 against Paso Robles, good luck boys! – freshman Porter Hales

The Girls’ Soccer team is currently first in the Mountain League! They beat St. Joseph last Friday, January 19 by 2-0. Juniors Mia Rattigan and Zoe Minnery both scored. The girls also faced off against Atascadero on Wednesday, January 24, and they won 2-0! Junior Zoe Minnery scored both goals. They also traveled to Arroyo Grande on Friday, January 26 (score pending). Be sure to wish them luck before they play Righetti on Tuesday, January 30! – junior Addi Woods

Boys and Girls Wrestling

The Boys and Girls Wrestling teams have done very well at their competitions this winter by taking titles and dominating the other schools. Their last game was on Wednesday, January 24 where they faced Lompoc High School here at SLOHS. Today the teams are very busy, with the JV Girls and Boys Wrestling teams traveling to Santa Maria for a meet, and the Varsity Girls Wrestling team traveling to Hollister High for their Judy Rider Tournament. – sophomore Vyolet Burrus

That’s all for this week! This article was published on Friday, so we don’t know the scores of our tiger athletes that happened today, but, you can check back next week for more sports updates. Bye Tigers, see you next week!