Homecoming Is Around the Corner

With homecoming  around the corner, it’s sure to be a lively start to a new school year. Homecoming week kicks off on Monday, October fifth and ends with the homecoming dance on the night of Saturday, October tenth. With doors opening at 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the new gym and the iconic theme of “Happiest Homecoming on Earth”, it’s sure to bring out the inner child of our San Luis Obispo High School (SLOHS) Tigers.

Starting Monday, October fifth, homecoming leads off with a week of daily themes. Monday starts off with Mardi Gras, Tuesday is twin day, Wednesday is Disney tourist day, Thursday is pajama day, and Friday is class theme day.

A pep rally will take place fifth period on Friday, October tenth in which the senior king and queen will be announced, which will lead into the homecoming parade.

At our homecoming football game that takes place on Friday, October ninth at 6:30 p.m., the student body will vote on who they think the homecoming grand marshal should be.  Grade level candidates princess and queens will also be announced at the game.

The marshal selections include American Sign Language teacher Kristen Nusbaum, Social Science/Theatre teacher Kate Stephens, English teacher Craig Stewart, and Agriculture teacher Anna Bates.

Regardless of which of these fantastic teachers are selected, I’m sure whomever it is will offer excitement throughout the night of the dance.