What Makes Director Wes Anderson’s Film Style So Interesting?

Color, symmetry, and harmony are key aspects of Anderson’s films. Photo collage courtesy of senior Avery Machamer.

From the spectacular music, unique camera shots, and beautiful scenery, Wes Anderson’s movies are a wonderful experience for any movie fan. From stop-motion animation, to coming-of-age stories, Anderson has many notable films.

Some of them include “The Grand Budapest Hotel” and his movie adaptation of the book “Fantastic Mr. Fox”, written by Roald Dahl. 

But what aspects make Anderson’s films so captivating and popular? 

Anderson utilizes symmetry, balance, and unique visual aesthetics to draw the eye to the center of his shots. Other unique aspects of his films are the witty banter between characters, building miniature models, and limited color palettes. Chaotic family dynamics and snap shots are a few elements of Anderson’s films that he is known for. 

Another notable thing that Anderson does is cast many of the same actors in his films. For example, Bill Murray is cast in “The Royal Tenenbaums”, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”, “The French Dispatch”, “Isle Of Dogs”, and “Moonrise Kingdom”, and numerous others. 

Additionally, Anderson likes to include humorous bits within his complicated, dramatic plotlines. 

These quirky and distinctive aspects of Anderson’s films are what makes him such an innovative and creative filmmaker, whose dreamlike films are fascinating to watch.

Sources: imdb.com