Candy Corn does not deserve the hate it gets

Candy corn displays its trifecta of autumnal colors proudly. Photo courtesy of Al.com 

San Luis Obispo High School students are well into the Fall season, and many celebrated Halloween last night some way or another. Fall and Halloween time bring around many traditions, one being candy corn. 

The tri-colored treat has existed for over one hundred years, supposed to be invented by George Renninger, and is the center of many candy-themed debates. Whether it is a “good” candy or not, candy corn is important. It is a symbol of the Fall season, and some may say it is the perfect amount of sweetness. Many people dislike the flavor of candy corn, but it is undeniably iconic. 

“Honestly, it’s probably one of my favorites, especially during the [Fall] season. It’s just so interesting because it’s the right kind of sweet, but it’s not too much. It gives that perfect halloween vibe,” said junior Artemis Gonzalez. 

Many people enjoy candy corn for its unique flavor, or its festiveness. 

“I like candy corn during halloween time, but not throughout the rest of the year,” said sophomore Regan Smith. 

If you live in an area where Halloween is celebrated, chances are you can recognize the candy just by its trademark colors: orange, yellow, and white. 

Unfortunately, not everyone is a fan of the festive candy. 

“I hate it. I just don’t like the taste, I hate the taste of it. I’m a picky person though,” Junior Angel Mata Gaspar. 

Candy corn is a controversial delicacy, and those that do not like it are often quite passionate. The unique flavor and texture are understandably not enjoyed by all. 

“People complain way too much about it, I see it all the time,” said Gonzalez. 

In a heated debate of whether candy corn is good or not, there is something students must admit. People have many different tastes and opinions, but there is no denying the iconicness of the candy corn in American culture. Instead of throwing out your unwanted candy corn, ask around your friends and family. You might be surprised by how many people enjoy it. 

Source: alwaysatreat.com