SLOHS EXPRESSIONS first print edition hits the stands today. Read it here.

This year’s SLOHS EXPRESSIONS editors stand behind their work. Photo courtesy of adviser Scott Nairne.

The first issue of the San Luis Obispo High School newspaper SLOHS EXPRESSIONS was distributed during period four today. Teachers let the tradition of student journalists writing to their peers continue by making this issue available to interested readers in their class.  

This issue has a HATE feature and page one that are actually a collection of what is called SOLUTIONS Journalism, in which student reporters present what they see as problems and provide solutions and/or set the stage for future articles. 

“I didn’t get a copy and would like you to send my class some more,” said Foreign Language teacher Kristen Nusbaum.

There are only 500 copies printed. But don’t worry…

If students didn’t get copies and make it over to this website, the entire issue is available online by clicking on the link underneath the Twitter feed on the right hand side.

Newspaper topics are diverse, follow the rules of High School Journalism Law, and the staff tries to provide articles about all aspects of SLOHS student life.  

The class is student run and produced and is made up of thirty two students that are from all four grade levels. The Editor in Chiefs are seniors Karl Karsh and Erika Spargo

Feel free to send all comments, concerns, and story ideas for future issues to the class at [email protected]. All emails are shared with the staff, and they love your feedback.