Prepare for the clock to strike midnight for Taylor Swift’s new album

Order a purse or sweatshirt while you get the new Swift! Photo courtesy of senior Avery Machamer.

On August 28, singer-songwriter Taylor Swift announced her tenth studio album during her VMAs acceptance speech. Since then, San Luis Obispo High School students have been patiently awaiting for the release of the album, “Midnights”, which comes out tomorrow, October 21.

“Midnights” will follow Swift’s “13 sleepless nights throughout [her] life.” The premise of the album follows Swift recollecting experiences throughout the duration of her career, and reflecting on said encounters. 

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at midnight (9 o’clock PT), she and her social media team would randomly select a track title to release and announce it via social media sites Tik Tok, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t be fooled, she wasn’t releasing the songs themself, rather just the title. This series is called “Midnights Mayhem with Me.” Fans were eagerly looking forward to hearing what the title of the next track would be. 

“I looked forward to the announcements. When I found out that Lana Del Rey was going to be featured on one of the songs, that was really exciting.” says senior Amarah Gutierrez.

Swift has announced all 13 track titles from “Midnights”, and if curious, can be seen on her primary social media platforms.

Along with the track title announcements, Swift recently published colorful, marbled vinyls of the album on her website for pre-order. There are four different variations of the vinyls, and put all together, create the image of a clock. 

The tenth album that Swift announced has become an internet sensation, as fans are awaiting to see new merchandise announced as well as the eventual album release.

Sources: taylorswift.com