With Assistant Principal Nathan Meinert Leaving SLOHS for Laguna, new AD Bernardo Salcido is Filling the Role. 

Photo Courtesy of 2022-23 SLOHS Assistant Principal Bernardo Salcido

San Luis Obispo High School assistant principal Nathan Meinert is leaving the school and newcomer to SLOHS Bernardo Salcido is taking his place. Salcido taught life science and biology for 17 years before he worked in administration, working both middle and high school. He also coached boys cross-country, leading the team to become CIF champions. Expressions wanted to take this exciting opportunity to meet our newest member of the administration team.

Expressions: You have worked several administrative roles, including Baywood Elementary and Paulding Middle School. What were your experiences in administration, and how long did you work?

2022-23 SLOHS Assistant Principal Bernardo Salcido: My experience in administration includes area administrator at Arroyo Grande High School, principal at Paulding middle school, and principal at Baywood elementary. My favorite part about having experience at all three levels of education is that I have a very broad understanding of where students has been and where they’re going in both their social and academic growth. I’m just completing my first year at Baywood Elementary which has been the most drastic change in my career since my entire experience prior to this had been in secondary.

Expressions: How do you feel about returning to high school administration?

Salcido:  I’ve truly enjoyed my year at Baywood and  I’m grateful for all of the things that I have learned, but I am incredibly excited to be returning back to secondary because I feel like I truly connect with teenagers and have been able to make a significant impact in supporting high school students and teachers. 

Expressions: What can we expect from you this following year?

Salcido: What students and staff can expect from me over the next year is a  consistent presence: Out at lunch, during assemblies, in class rooms, and at school events. It is my goal to become ingrained in the traditions and culture of SLO High which have made it such an amazing school. 

SLOHS is lucky to have an awesome new addition to the admin team in the following year. Make sure to welcome Salcido to the campus for a great 2022 – 2023 school year!

View Comments (1)