What weird dreams have SLOHS students had?

Lady sleeping at night. Woman sleep in bed under duvet. Girl bedroom home interior, bedding sleeping dream relax cartoon vector concept
Getty Images/iStockphoto

Photo Courtesy of The Pointer

Several San Luis Obispo High School students have had a strange dream at least once in their life. Dreams can range from simple scenarios like going on a hike to doing the tango with a tuna fish. When people drift into the realm of unconsciousness, not everything makes sense. 

“Last night I had a dream that I bought three pairs of Heelys. Extra fire, extra drippy,” said junior Rachelle Cardenas. 

Dreams may involve ideas that tie back to experiences during conscious hours. They often throw in thoughts or interactions that happened during the hours someone is awake. These bits of reality are often distorted during sleep however.

Dreams aren’t always extravagant, but they may be odd. Some dreams may be motivated by subconscious desires, but that isn’t always the case. 

“I had a dream where the characters in Harry Potter were playing dodgeball. At first I was at a bar and then I went to the back room and it turned into a gym and then it was the kids at Hogwarts versus the death eaters in a game of dodgeball,” said sophomore Molly Himelblau.

Occasionally, what the mind conjures up during sleep doesn’t have an exact explanation. While the oddity of dreams continues to range, some seem to have no direction. 

“I went down a never ending slide with my friends. The slide was basically hundreds of plastic slides of every color of the rainbow, twisting and turning all around each other,” said freshman Maverick Meeks. 

Our minds go to interesting places when we let them loose. What’s the strangest dream you’ve had, Tigers?

Source: sleepfoundation.org