SLOHS Students Prepare Themselves for an Exciting Final Season of anime “Attack on Titan”

Photo courtesy of senior Mikayla Maire

Numerous San Luis Obispo High School students are huge fans of anime, a popular style of animation produced in Japan. Although different series are aired throughout the year, the highly anticipated final season of “Shingeki no Kyojin”, more widely known as “Attack on Titan”, has created quite the buzz around campus. 

“The anime is different from all the other shows and movies out there because it has an amazing storyline where you are able to grow with each of the characters and watch them develop over the seasons. You get attached really easily to every character, but then have your heart ripped out if they end up dying,” said senior Mikayla Maire.

“Attack On Titan”, created by Japanese Manga artist Hajime Isayama, is an action packed, gory anime that focuses on a teenager named Eren Yeager and his journey to seek revenge on human eating monsters called titans. The anime currently has three seasons, with the fourth being split up into two parts. The second part of season four debuted its first episode on January 9, 2022.

“I’m most excited for all the battles and fight scenes since they usually are amazingly animated. The villains in the anime are really cool, ranging from regular people to a huge, monkey-like monster. I just hope all my favorite characters are able to make it to the end,” said senior Nathan Durrant.

Students can’t wait to jump back into the world of “Attack on Titan” and see how the story will wrap up. “Attack on Titan” is available to stream in the United States every Sunday at 12:45 P.M. on the anime streaming services Crunchyroll and Funimation.