How it is being a Journalist in SLOHS Newspaper?

Photo Courtesy of Freshman Phoebe Drazsnak.

San Luis Obispo High School has a newspaper, this newspaper, and with a newspaper comes a journalist. So a journalist from Expressions interviewed a fellow SLOHS journalist.

Expressions interviewed reporter Phoebe Drazsnzak on being in newspaper and some of her best memories.

Expressions: Why did you join Newspaper? 

Freshman Journalist Phoebe Drazsnzak: I didn’t choose newspaper, actually, I got put into the class by accident. I have really enjoyed it and I am glad that I was! 

Expressions: What is the hardest part of being in newspaper? 

Drazsnzak: I think the hardest part for me has to be following the Charter and proper format when writing articles. For people who don’t know, the Charter is a document that you follow when writing articles, basically the grammar rules. 

Expressions: Would you consider staying in newspaper for your sophomore year?

Drazsnzak: I would definitely would consider it because I have had a lot of fun in newspaper and made friends. It would be cool to take it again because then I would have the opportunity to be an editor instead of a reporter, although I like being a reporter! 

Expressions: What is the best part of newspaper?

Drazsnzak: I love the fact that you really get to be a big part of the school! Journalism is so important! I like the fact that you get to pull people out of class to interview them. I have met some really cool people that way. 

Expressions: What is your best memory in newspaper?

Drazsnzak: One of my best memories was interviewing junior Mia Clifford for the first time for an article about Gossip Girl, and realizing that she loves the show as much as I do! Also, of course, playing with pop-its and making tiktoks! 

Expressions: Is it fun to create content for the newspaper tiktok?

Drazsnzak:I love making ticktoks. It is so fun! Follow us @slohs_expressions !

Expressions: How has Phoebe done this trimester as a rookie reporter?

Newspaper adviser Scott Nairne: Drazsnzak came into class and worked like a veteran reporter. She helped get the SLOHS Expressions tik tok up and running, writes great articles, and is a super nice human. I hope she comes back as an editor.