Summer Blockbusters to Look Out For

Summer is almost upon us, and that means an abundance of high budget films will be released for our viewing pleasure. Along with a few minor releases, there are many blockbusters coming as well. Here are the movies you must see this summer.

The first movie up on my list is “Jurassic World”. Starring Chris Pratt, this continuation in the “Jurassic Park” franchise looks to bring back the amazement that the first “Jurassic Park” had. Set 22 years after the first installment, the park has many features, including a safari, a biological preserve, and a zoo. When the genetically engineering of dinosaurs goes wrong, a dangerous new dinosaur is born.

When asked what movie he was most looking forward, to senior Teruhiro Taura said, “Inside Out.” Starring Amy Poehler and Bill Hader, “Inside Out” is Pixar’s next film. The movie revolves around people’s different emotions, with each having a control center in their brain. Pixar is hoping to bring the ‘magic’ back, and “Inside Out” looks to do exactly that. “Inside Out” comes out a week after “Jurassic World,” on June 19.

“Ant Man” is one of Marvel Studios’ most risky projects yet, as the character of Ant Man is considered a joke from most of the general public. It stars Paul Rudd, and is exactly what you think it is: a man that can turn into an ant. He is one of the founding member of The Avengers, so this movie is crucial. It is set to release on July 17.

I predict that “Southpaw” will be the sleeper hit of the summer. It follows the story of Billy “the great” Hope, a former light heavyweight boxer. Starring cinematic superstar Jake Gyllenhaal and directed by Antoine Fuqua, the trailers were extremely impressive. “Southpaw” comes out on July 24.

“Fantastic Four looks great,” said freshman Devlen Rourke. When four normal people get teleported to an alternate dimension acquire superhuman powers, they must defeat Dr. Doom or have the world end as they know it. This is an all new, re imagined version of the Fantastic Four we are accustomed to. With a great cast and “Chronicle” director Josh Trank, this looks promising. “Fantastic Four” comes out on August 7.