Join Interact Club, help save and restore our environment!!

Photo Courtesy of senior Eden Lerner.

After Club Rush last week, students at San Luis Obispo High School have found some new and old clubs to join! One club that has some flourishing new leaders and a larger sign up list than ever before is Interact Club. Interact Club is a volunteer based club that will be meeting every other Tuesday in Mr. Perez’s room 909.

Expressions asked Interact Club President Ryan Schisler about the events and opportunities the club can give to students. 

“The club’s initiative is to bring in as many students each year to incorporate themselves into their community while earning service hours as well through the process. It’s a very laid back club, and there’s nothing really mandatory or required when it comes to being a club member,” said senior Ryan Schisler, “we chose Pismo due to the amount of tourists that come from all over and primarily leave an immense amount of trash. SLOHS ASB has offered free one-of-a-kind t-shirts to anyone who participates as well, and a Jamba Juice gift card for the person who collects the most trash.”

His excitement and passion for this club is contagious.

Students and staff around SLOHS know the buzz of their first beach cleanup, this saturday, September 25. 1-4 p.m. at Pismo beach, so bring snacks and water. Other beach cleanup and volunteer hours will be a constant opportunity with Interact Club. New events and future projects are coming throughout the year.

This is a great option to rack up on volunteer hours, connect with other students interested in the environment, and just to gain friends!

Join Interact club through the Google classroom code: tajmi2b.