Aspiring freshman rapper Ashur Stepro releases debut single “Zombie”

Photo courtesy of freshman Ashur Stepro.

Freshman Ashur Stepro is releasing his new rap single, “Zombie” later this September, and San Luis Obispo High School students are more than ready to listen to it. Stepro is just entering the rap game but he is dedicated and striving for success.

In Stepro’s past he has created fun, lighthearted videos doing challenges with friends and family on YouTube, and streamed gaming content to Twitch. With his past success he amassed well over 100 YouTube Subscribers, and more than 60 followers on twitch. Other than his content creation on Twitch and Youtube, Stepro has no social media and plans on keeping it that way.

Expressions: What can we expect from you and your team in the coming months?

SLOHS freshman Rapper Ashur Stepro: I’m currently working on a rap album called “Waddup Waddup”. I called it that because it was something I weirdly said a lot when I was younger. And the team? It’s just me as of right now. Producing, writing, and rapping the songs.

Expressions: What was the overall budget for your new single?

Stepro:  Not much, around 100 dollars for my Midi Keyboard. I never really planned on getting revenue from it (“Zombie”). Kinda just got into creating music as a fun thing. We’ll see though.

Expressions: How long did “Zombie,” take to write and produce?

Stepro: Wrote it a month ago. Still currently producing it.

Expressions: What was the creative process you went through creating “Zombie”?

Stepro: Over the summer I decided to make music. And when creating my first song, I thought about myself and my daily routine, and that’s what gave me the idea to write it.

Expressions: What, if any, other students helped with the creation of your song?

Stepro: I’ll usually send my songs to my friends, and they will give reviews on what they think needs to be improved. I take that feedback, and I put it into my song.

Fans can expect Stepro’s new single later this month on Soundcloud and YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/c/AshurStepro

View Comments (3)