Central Coast Writers Conference Teen Program coming in person to Cuesta, and students are invited

Photo courtesy of Cuesta College Community Program Coordinator Wes Martin.

Students at San Luis Obispo High School (SLOHS) may be interested in the Central Coast Writers Conference Teen Program. It takes place on Saturday, September 25, from 9a.m. to 1p.m. It costs $35, has scholarships available, and features a keynote by American Suspense author Jonathan Maberry, followed by a workshop with Speculative Fiction (a blanket term for the stories that take place beyond our known world) writer N.R. Lambert. 

“I used to go to this when it was in person. It was pretty cool,” said English teacher Craig Stewart.  

The workshop with Lambert is an all-levels short story workshop that is designed for teen writers who are interested in all types of horror fiction. Attendees will explore key elements of writing horror, dark fantasy, and interesting fiction, in an energizing and encouraging environment. By the end of this workshop, participants will have all of the tools they need to help them craft, revise, and complete a short story.

Cuesta College Community Program Coordinator Wes Martin states that “An added bonus is that anyone enrolled in a Community Programs Activity is eligible for a $250 gift card if they show proof of being fully vaccinated.”

So get vaxed and get over to this conference!

For more information, contact Martin at [email protected]

Sources: 

https://www.cuesta.edu/communityprograms/writers-conference/teens.html
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/what-is-speculative-fiction-defining-and-understanding-the-different-genres-of-speculative-fiction#the-history-of-speculative-fiction