SLOHS Says A Farewell To Retiring Special Education Teacher Kathy Erwin

Photo courtesy of Special Education teacher Kathy Erwin.

This year, San Luis Obispo High School had to say goodbye to one of the beloved special education teachers–Ms. Kathy Erwin. SLOHS Expressions set out to learn more about Erwin’s time here at SLOHS.

“It has been an amazing twelve years at San Luis High School/SLCUSD, working with very amazing people district wide. It has been mainly very rewarding, with some challenging days in my total thirty-one years in education (private, public, adult ed, general ed, special ed, elementary, secondary, and administration). And, I have no regrets or anything undone about my fun work here at SLOHS,” said Erwin.

SLOHS is excited for the new adventures that Erwin is going to be experiencing in the upcoming years.

“As some of you know, Scott and I are avid travelers, sailors, scuba and sea life lovers. We are launching our 44′ sailboat (our new home) this July to begin our eight-to-ten year adventure at Sea. We plan to go South to Baja, Sea of Cortez, Pacific Mexico. Then, hopefully, if we still are loving it, across the Pacific Ocean. Most of you know this has been our “dream plan” for a decade, with full support from family and friends. Honestly, we are shocked that our new life is nearly here. We will miss land life, especially here on the central coast, so will fly home from time to time. We’re very excited about this big journey ahead,” said Erwin.

You can stay up to date on the travels of Ms. Erwin and her husband on the “Sea Bella” through their blog www.svseabella.com or by googling MMSI 368142060 and click ‘map’ to see their location, worldwide.