Here’s our quick takes on Summer must watch Movies and TV

School is almost done, and the boredom of summer is already starting to creep into the lives of students at San Luis Obispo High School. Here are some quick suggestions for those summer days when you don’t want to leave the house.

TV Shows

“Invincible” : Adapted from Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker’s comic series of the same name, the animated Amazon show is clearly a hit, being renewed for two seasons. Along with its star-studded cast and amazing visuals “Invincible” is a must watch perfect for a weekend. 

“Handmaid’s Tale” : Returning for its fourth season, Handmaid’s Tale is back with same heart-breaking brutality. Still following the main character of June Osborn, audiences will follow her along the extremely compelling journey of dismantling the government of Gilead at the seams. This show is something you won’t be able to look away from. 

Movies

“Mortal Kombat” : This video game movie reboot on HBO Max is the perfect movie if you are looking for a fun action film. The are fantastic visuals, explosive fight scenes, and the same viscous spirit from the game. While some moments are cheesy and over zealous, it is an enjoyable experience to watch this movie. 

“Without Remorse” : In the same spirit of the Harrison Ford Tom Clancy films from the eighties, “Without Remorse” is an amazing international crisis film to watch on a weekend. Lead actor Michael B. Jordan brings a wonderful intensity to the screen, and while some moments are completely impossible in the real world, it is made believable by this extremely compelling story.