SLOHS Drama live streaming their latest production free through May 2

Photo courtesy of slohsdrama.com

In the face of the pandemic, the drama club at San Luis Obispo High School has done a remarkable job in putting together online shows and continuing theater productions. It’s time for another one of those productions. 

“Much Ado About Nothing” is premiered on Youtube on Friday, April 23, and is streaming through May 2.

The Shakespeare comedy “Much Ado About Nothing” is performed and run by the drama’s Iambic Pentameter club. This time, unlike the previous production “The Party Hop” (check out the digital playbill here), Much Ado was pre-recorded and edited.

“Iambic Pentameter has been presented with a very unique set of obstacles this year, but we’ve managed to grow and adapt to a virtual platform and still put on a great show,” said director and senior Ian McKay. 

“’Much Ado About Nothing’ is a bit different than our last show, which was live streamed through Zoom. This is also through Zoom, but we’ve prerecorded the show over the course of about a month – what you’ll see is a more cinematic, edited theatre experience.

“I can speak for the entire cast when I say we’ll miss the thrill of performing live, but the finished product will be a more buttoned-up and polished production than you’ll be able to see with a livestream. The other cool part is that you can also watch the show for free from home at any time you want! This has been a learning process for all of us, including me, and I am immensely proud of all the hard work this cast has done in the face of such debilitating circumstances. I can’t wait to share all their talent with the world!”  

Check out the performance at slohsdrama.com!