A new Dutch Bros in AG? Here’s students’ thoughts and opinions!

Photo courtesy of San Luis Obispo Tribune

The Dutch Bros coffee chain is a new coffee experience for San Luis Obispo High School students. In Arroyo Grande, California, a drive-through of Dutch Bros has recently opened on 1259 E. Grand Ave. Due to the ban on drive-throughs in San Luis Obispo, which was originally written to “temper car culture in a college town, but the silver lining has been its effect on health, especially obesity and the myriad health care costs associated with the obesity epidemic,” this new experience has been a hit among SLOHS students.

Expressions set out to try the new variety of drinks at Dutch Bros and get students opinions. 

“The drinks at Dutch Bros were pretty sweet for me, but I ended up liking it. The rebel tasted like a Red Bull, but with added flavor and there were so many to choose from. I ended up liking both of the ones I got with a friend, which were the blended Electric Berry and blended Shark Attack. The coffee was also really good too, just a little on the sweet side,” said junior Emmersen Hill.

With 379 Dutch Bros in the United States, it is the “largest privately held drive-through coffee chain in the United States.” The Dutch Bros menu includes the different categories such as Dutch Classics, Dutch Freeze, and Dutch Bros Blue Rebel Energy Drink.

“I found out about the new Dutch Bros opening from a co-worker. I used to get it a lot when I lived in Washington, so that got me really excited for it,” said senior Savanna Olberg.

So what makes Dutch Bros stand out from other various coffee chains? Their rebel drinks, which seem to be a hit among teenagers and young adults. Dutch Bros rebel is an energy drink that comes in a variety of flavors, tasting similar to the widely known brand, Red Bull.

If you have the chance, make sure to try out the local Dutch Bros located in Arroyo Grande.

Source: www.dutchbros.com, www.bluezones.com 

View Comments (1)