Quick Interview With SLOHS freshman KiKi Jouet

Throughout the past semester, students at San Luis Obispo High School have had the most despicable and frustrating few months of school.

For freshman, their only known experience of high school is three hours a day on Zoom, then a few hours of homework after. This is not high school. Expressions interviewed freshman KiKi Jouet about her short experience at SLOHS. 

Expressions:  If you can only keep one thing you own, what would it be and why?

Freshman KiKi Jouet: I would keep my dog, but I don’t really own her, so I’d probably choose my manga.

Expressions What is one issue that you think affects the entire student body?

Jouet: I think an issue that affects the entire student body is pressure from the school, parents, and others to get high grades and “succeed” when they are only teenagers.

Expressions: What is one thing that you have improved on over the COVID-19 quarantine that you feel proud of?

Jouet: Over quarantine I have improved my makeup skills, specifically eyeliner, which I’m happy about.

Expressions:  What do you like/dislike the most about SLOHS?

Jouet: I think I like that there are lots of things like TNN for students to participate in, but I dislike the length of school when we are in person. 

Expressions: What’s one thing you love about yourself?

Jouet: One of the things I like about myself is that I can draw in the way I want.

Expressions:  What’s a hobby of yours that you love, and do you think that it will influence your future career? 

Jouet: I think that my interest in drawing and art might be an influence on my dream future career. 

Expressions:  What conspiracy theory/historical event that you could talk about forever?

Jouet: I don’t really have much interest in conspiracy theories or historical events, but I can go on all day about my hobbies and interests.  

Expressions:  Do you have an inspiration that has helped make you who you are today?

Jouet: I don’t really have a specific inspiration in my life, I just kind of take after my favorite characters and people.

Expressions:  If you could meet one fictional character, who would it be and why?

Jouet: If I could meet a character, I would want to meet Levi [from “Attack on Titan”] because he’s the best and could help me keep my room clean. 

Expressions:  Tell us your funniest joke.

Jouet: My funniest joke is the fact that students get graded in PE class.

Freshmen, including Jouet, have had one of the most strange and taxing beginnings to their years in high school. Expressions hope that in the next coming years, the Class of 2024 can have a much more enjoyable experience as a SLOHS student.